[Web4lib] Re: Application for library events online

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:46:26 EDT 2005

While not really the solution you want, I've tried in the past to
suggest the use of Upcoming.org as a place to post events. It allows
users to subscribe to the RSS, iCal for metro and add events to their
own list, with reminders, etc. You can use the RSS feed to syndicate
it to your own site (so they don't need to know about upcoming.org if
they don't want to). Some people are already adding some libraries to
it. Not sure which are "official". You can also tag events. They are
also working on a full API for people to integrate events with their
site. I like it though I haven't been able to convince my library to
use it yet.

Ryan Eby

On 7/21/05, Adelina Stoykov <astoykov at epfl.net> wrote:

> Currently we are using a home-grown web application to manage our news
> and events online.
> What approach do you use to post events on your public website?
> Is there a vendor you could recommend?
>
> Adelina Stoykov
> Web Developer
> astoykov at epfl.net