[Web4lib] Web content management requirements

Crawley, Devin Devin.Crawley at library.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Jul 18 13:20:57 EDT 2005

As are a growing number of libraries, we have recently started to
investigate our options for adding Web content management to our site. (See
John Weible's recent post --
http://lists.webjunction.org/wjlists/web4lib/2005-July/037653.html -- among
others.) Are there any Web services librarians out there who have gone this
route and would be willing to share a list of technical requirements
(mandatory, preferred and otherwise) that you used to evaluate tenders and
generally winnow down the field? We've begun the requirements-gathering
process, but would love to see some other examples to get some points of
reference.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Devin Crawley
Virtual Library Services Librarian
Ottawa Public Library/Bibliothèque publique d'Ottawa
101 Centrepointe Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2G 5K7
Phone: 613-580-2424 X41494
devin.crawley at library.ottawa.on.ca/
http://www.library.ottawa.on.ca/