[Web4lib] Next new thing?

Marc Truitt mtruitt at uh.edu
Sun Jul 17 00:37:40 EDT 2005

Mark Bardsley wrote [in part] :
> Lars,

[stuff deleted]
> 3) There is an acronym but I can't remember it (then what is it good for?)
> that implies that many copies keep things safe. [deleted to end]

Perhaps you have in mind LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe)?

	http://www.lockss.org/index.html

cheers,

- mt

Marc Truitt
Assistant Dean for Systems                      Voice  : 713-743-8979
University of Houston Libraries                 e-mail : mtruitt at uh.edu
114 University Libraries                        fax    : 713-743-9811
Houston, TX 77204-2000    [note new number!] -> cell   : 713-201-0351

"And they're coming to take me away
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
And they're coming to take me away ha haaa..."
                                 -- Napoleon XIV