[Web4lib] Help - Browser Hijack? Webpage hijack?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jul 13 14:06:50 EDT 2005

Sellers, Minna wrote:
>> Here's an alert regarding recent vulnerabilities for Firefox:
> http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2005/1075 .  A newer version is
> available at  http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ .

While it's smart to move to Firefox 1.0.5 at your earliest opportunity,
there are no reports that any of the 1.0.4 security holes were ever
exploited.  In otherwords, upgrade your browser, but don't assume that
that addresses this problem in any way.

BTW, is there a chance the person who reported the problem is going
through a firewall or gateway that messes up HTTP headers?  Going by the
 reported symptoms, it sounds like Firefox was receiving data as
text/plain when in fact it was something else.  Unlike You Know Who,
Mozilla-based browsers follow the rules and take Content-type headers at
face value.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu