[Web4lib] Google limit of 1,000 results

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:35:00 EDT 2005

I think this thread is important.
 I think for serious researchers it's probably more helpful and more useful
for Lexis-Nexis to punt than for Google to do the best it can at the top of
the hit list.
 This involves the myth of the exhaustive search. Suppose you click on every
link in the hit list from a 1000 item Google search. Have you covered the
world? No, you have not. You've covered the part of the world that Google's
algorithms choose to present to you.
 The hit list is not an exhaustive list of "the" answers.
 /rich