[Web4lib] workshops sign up

Alicia Abramson aabramson at ci.berkeley.ca.us
Tue Jul 12 16:23:23 EDT 2005

Here at Berkeley Public Library our intranet is based on drupal (http://www.drupal.org) and you can use the event (http://drupal.org/project/event)  module and the volunteer (http://drupal.org/project/volunteer) module to do signups.  I had to do some manual editing of the volunteer module to change the wording to "sign-up" instead of the default "volunteer".

The module lets you set a maximum number of people per session and will go into "wait-list" mode when the maximum is reached.  It also allows you to set custom messages for accepting or declining a registration, and will also send a reminder email 24 hours before the event to the registrants.

There is a patch that must be applied to the module to make the custom message functionality work (http://drupal.org/node/24595)

Alicia Abramson
Manager, Information Technology
Berkeley Public Library
2090 Kittredge St.
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-981-6131
aabramson at ci.berkeley.ca.us

>>> Pons, Lisa (ponslm) 07/11/05 02:29PM >>>
Thanks to all who answered my previous questions re policies on web content.
Now, another question!

Does anyone know of any open source applications for patrons to sign up for
workshops (to be offered to our library). Basically, we are looking for
functionality where people could browse workshops offered that quarter, sign
up (and be told if it was full already), etc... On the backend, admins could
check enrollment, send email to class, etc...

We're starting the process of developing one in house, but I wondered if
there was anything out there already.

Thanks!

Lisa Pons-Haitz

Webmaster