[Web4lib] Is your library using a Web Content Management System?

John Weible jweible at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:53:32 EDT 2005

We are looking at implementing a web Content Management System (CMS)
here at the University of Illinois Library, and want to hear from any
libraries that have implemented (or are in the process of implementing)
one at their institution.

We are especially interested in the following things:

   1. What CMS did you choose to use, and why?
   2. Could you share some URLs of sample pages that show the
      implementation of your CMS?
   3. What have been some of the benefits/drawbacks from your
      implementation of a CMS?
   4. What needs did librarians, staff, and users express for your
      website that led you to pursue using a CMS for your library website?
   5. If you have completed your implementation, are you now hosting all
      of your web site via the CMS, or is it a mixture of traditional
      web pages and CMS-managed content?
   6. How many people are directly involved in contributing and editing
      the content on your website?

We appreciate any other comments or insights you might have to share as
well.

Thanks!

John Weible
Head of Library Systems