[Web4lib] Key Reservations

David A. daltenho at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 09:15:43 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Our library is considering automating the process of
reserving study rooms. Currently, we have about 2
dozen rooms, and we check out keys to students/faculty
for 2-hour periods. We take reservations for these
keys up to 3 weeks in advance via several binders that
are kept at the Circ desk.

We would like to provide a kiosk where patrons can
make their own reservations. Eventually, we might even
think about a Web interface. It must only check out
keys for 2-hour periods of time, and not accept
reservations more than 24-hours in advance. It must
also be very easy to use, and accept patrons' names
without having an account on the system. I've seen
several scheduling systems that do similar things, but
none that really seem to meet our requirements
exactly.

Has anyone else tried this, and could you recommend
either a commercial or non-commercial software
package?

Cheers,

--
David Altenhof - Circulation Librarian