[WEB4LIB] New search engine

Michael.Yunkin at ccmail.nevada.edu Michael.Yunkin at ccmail.nevada.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:31:50 EST 2005

I don't particularly like the thumbnails; on my screen they appear way too
far to the right to be useful. Also, as someone else said, the results
rankings differ quite a bit from Google, and--at least with the terms I
used--were not nearly as relevant.

On the other hand, I LOVE the "Related Categories"  window. It's a lot like
Vivisimo, but the interface is cleaner and IMO much more appealing.

-Michael

|         |           Roy Tennant       |
|         |           <roy.tennant at ucop.|
|         |           edu>              |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           web4lib at sunsite3.b|
|         |           erkeley.edu       |
|         |           01/26/2005 07:01  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           roy.tennant       |
  |       To:       Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [WEB4LIB] New search engine                                                                                  |

Have people seen <http://beta.exalead.com/>? What do you think of it? I
like the thumbnail screenshots, but that isn't the only feature it has.
Roy