[WEB4LIB] CSS versus tables when zooming a web page in Opera

Kevin W Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:59:22 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: web4lib at webjunction.org
[mailto:web4lib at webjunction.org] On Behalf Of John Fitzgibbon
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 6:05 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [WEB4LIB] CSS versus tables when zooming a web page in Opera

Hi,

As I have stated previously, I have created a navigation bar by creating
two divs. One div is absolutely positioned zero pixels from the top,
zero pixels from the left and 75 per cent from the right. The rest of
the document is contained in a div that is absolutely positioned zero
pixels from the top, 25 per cent from the left and zero pixels from the
right.
--------------------------

I don't understand how a div could be absolutely positioned to one side
and a percentage from the other. ?? Perhaps you mean to say that the div
is absolutely positioned and also defined with a relative width (%)?

If you could provide a URL of the test page(s) in question it would help
us all give you other ideas to achieve your desired results.

Cheers,
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop > bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute > http://www.rpi.edu/
  RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/