[WEB4LIB] RE: Third-party access to patron info

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Jan 14 16:28:27 EST 2005

> The question would then be whether the user realized how much
> access they eere being asked to allow when they signed on. I
> suspect that they aren't being specifically warned of the
> extent to which they are allowing the
> third party access to their records.

The privacy policy is here. http://www.libraryelf.com/Privacy.aspx I'll let
others be the judge.

"When you choose to sign up for our services, some of the information you
provide may be personally identifiable information (that is, information
that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, email
address, and so on) and is used to provide you with services."

Michael Sauers, Librarian, Trainer & Author
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: 303-751-6277 x110 :: msauers at bcr.org