[WEB4LIB] RE: Seeing ourselves as others see us

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:41:32 EST 2005

Karen Schneider said:

"...saying so-and-so was president of LITA no more convinces me of that
person's relevance to modern information science than saying that
someone got elected to the White House so he must know what he's
doing..."

I initially mentioned Michael Gorman's past presidency of LITA in
response to Michael Yunkin's assertion that Gorman was the "leader" of
"the anti-tech crowd". I'll stand by my statement that if Gorman really
is the leader of the anti-tech crowd it's also highly ironic that he was
president of LITA.

Bernie Sloan