xhtml compliant WYSIWYG editor

Leslie Hassett lhassett at dwebb.llu.edu
Wed Jan 12 11:47:58 EST 2005

First, let me say I appreciate this list and all the expertise represented
here.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a "bug free" WYSIWYG editor that creates
xhtml compliant code which could be integrated into a "homegrown" CMS. The
CMS was created by our campus IT department and uses php. We are going thru
a website redesign that is using stylesheets and xhtml 1.0 transitional (so
we say!)

I'm concerned that WYSIWYG editor currently in the CMS (purchased
separately) allows non-compliant code, for example creating font tags, even
placing those font tags inside a header tag.  It's not clear to me whether
the CMS itself will be able to clean this up. If it doesn't, our documents
will not be what we say they are in the declaration statement which is:

I am a reference librarian on the outside of this development process,
although I am one of the primary content editors and am one of the first
users of the CMS.  I try to keep current on HTML/XHTML/XML issues, however,
I still consider myself mostly a novice.  Normally, I only lurk on this list
to listen to what the real experts discuss but I'd really like to suggest to
our IT department an XHTML WYSIWYG editor to make sure our pages have
compliant code.  Department secretaries and other staff who have no HTML
knowledge will be using this to enter their pages in the CMS.

If anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Leslie Hassett, Reference Librarian
lhassett at dwebb.llu.edu
(909)558-4300 ext. 47513