Adoption of JPEG 2000 by Libraries and Archives; announcement of a meeting at Midwinter

Peter Murray peter at OhioLINK.edu
Wed Jan 12 11:24:05 EST 2005

If you tried to reach the j2kArcLib.info website yesterday, my apologies
if you instead saw the University of Connecticut Libraries homepage or
received no information at all.  A problem with the web host,
unfortunately timed with my announcement of the website, caused the
problem.  The site is up and running again; below is the section of the
yesterday's message that listed the website URLs:

The lead request was the creation of a website that would allow
users to register and post their own information on articles, projects,
and products that use the standard.  That website is now available:

~  http://j2kArcLib.info/

And it has contains information such as:

~  Report on the Symposium
~  http://j2karclib.info/node/42

~  Project Briefing at the CNI Fall Task Force Meeting
~  http://j2karclib.info/node/30

~  Resources by Focus
~  http://j2karclib.info/resources/by_focus

~  Resources by Type
~  http://j2karclib.info/resources/by_type

The skeleton is there and waiting for information to be added. Symposium
participants will be adding information as we come across it; feel free
to create an account on the site to add your own information.

Peter
--
Peter Murray                       http://www.pandc.org/peter/work/
Assistant Director, Multimedia Systems  tel:+1-614-728-3600;ext=338