[WEB4LIB] USB Flash Drives

Michael.Yunkin at ccmail.nevada.edu Michael.Yunkin at ccmail.nevada.edu
Fri Feb 4 12:10:35 EST 2005

>I would also be interested if anyone has any experiences of equipment
>damage - eith to the USB drive or the PC - from removing the USB drive
>from the port without first stopping it.

I've been using a cheap ($8.00) secure digital drive for 2 years on 3
computers (all running XP) and have had no problems removing the drive
without stopping first.
You may have problems with earlier versions of Windows though, which don't
recognize the devices as readily, and generally aren't as stable as XP.

By the way, I can't say enough good things about these drives -- CD burning
takes too long, and floppies don't hold enough to be useful.

-Michael