[WEB4LIB] RE: Free RSS Reader for Firefox: Sage and Thunderbird

Beatrice Pulliam bpulliam at postoffice.providence.edu
Tue Feb 1 12:07:30 EST 2005

> I also have set up Mozilla Thunderbird, the email program, as an RSS reader.
>   That works well also.  The RSS sites are listed in the left sidebar, the
> headings in plain text in the right hand panel, and if you choose to display
> it, the web site in the lower frame.  However, it is a separate app from
> Firefox, not an extension.  It doesn't display within the Firefox browser
> window like Sage does.

That's because you probably have "by default show article summary
instead of loading web page" checked in your Feeds settings.  I left
that open and I get the web page loaded full screen within my email and
I can click on the link (in the header info beneath date)to access the
webpage. It will open up in a new tab in Firefox.  You can check your
Feeds settings by double-clicking on "Feeds" in your left sidebar.

Beatrice

--

Beatrice R. Pulliam
Reference Librarian and Assistant Professor