[WEB4LIB] RE: Podcasting via cell phone

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Feb 17 11:59:21 EST 2005

> Can I call it a semi-pod cast?  Okay, its not a podcast, it is an audio
> clip via cell phone to my blog

Yes

> which is then syndicated via RSS.

No. It isn't. You syndicated the text of whatever you wrote in the entry,
but you didn't syndicate (make available to aggregators) the media file. Not
to be too picky, but I don't want people to be unclear about podcasting.
Uploading MP3s is not podcasting, even if you put them on a blog. You have
to make them available in a way that the files can be discovered by
supporting RSS aggregators.

> I have learned a lot about podcasting today.  Thanks to everybody for
> their comments.  This is fun stuff!!

Keep having fun! Keep learning!

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com