[WEB4LIB] RE: public library usage statistics

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Feb 6 10:47:17 EST 2005

> While Larry's points are valid, I don't know that all hope is lost. If
> you and I both use web servers that log using the common format and we
> use the same software program to evaluate our web logs we can compare
> apples and apples. Even if we use different programs, we may be able to
> configure them so we are comparing Cortands with Macintoshes. HCL uses
> Webtrends, a popular web log analysis software, for example. Our weekly
> reports are available on the Internet, contact me for details.

Our newer stats for Librarians' Index are not publicly available, but I'd be
happy to walk someone through them. What I am doing is ensuring we gather
and report as many formats as possible... hits with bots, hits without bots,
visits, etc... and documenting how we gathered the content.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com