[WEB4LIB] Re: Firefox revolution over?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Feb 16 13:46:03 EST 2005

Breakall, Scott wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Mostly I think problems in viewing some websites using Firefox have to
> do with Firefox's lack of support for ActiveX.
>
> ~Scott~

None of which I seem to need or use (except Windows Update for security
patches.  There's a joke in there somewhere).

Following Microsoft's recommendations at
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/settings.mspx> I run IE with
active scripting and ActiveX disabled for all sites I haven't explicitly
decided to trust.  So it's another case where even IE may not be
compatible with a web designer's all-IE idea for a site design.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu