[Web4lib] Subscriber Removal Clarification

Sue Kamm suekamm at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 20 13:33:49 EST 2005

<rant>
I think we're missing an important point here.  Web4Lib is not "our" list.  It belongs to Roy Tennant, with the help of his advisory committee.

According to the guidelines Roy and the advisory board created, there are standards of behavior on the list (including, BTW, the topics appropriate for discussion here).  Roy warns those who do not follow those guidelines OFF THE LIST, which is courteous and proper.  I don't know if he follows the "three strikes" rule, but someon has to use the list in a flagrant disregard of the guidelines in order to be kicked off the list.

As far as Chuck is concerned, his constant flame war with another person on one of ALA's Office for Intellectual Freedom was the proximate cause of my unsubscribing from the list.
</rant>

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled Web4Lib.  And may we drop discussion of the Subscriber Removal Clarification?  Thank you.

Your friendly CyberGoddess and Councilor-at-large,
Sue Kamm
Inglewood/Los Angeles, CA
Truest of the Blue, Los Angeles Dodgers Think Blue Week 2000
email:  suekamm [at] mindspring.com
When you absolutely, positively HAVE to know, ASK A LIBRARIAN!