[Web4lib] Amazon Site Access Problems?

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri Dec 16 08:11:46 EST 2005

I've had trouble off and on. I attributed it to the holiday crunch.

Lisa

________________________________

From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org on behalf of Smith, Sarah
Sent: Thu 12/15/2005 9:02 PM
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: [Web4lib] Amazon Site Access Problems?

Hiya,
It's driving me crazy and the tech guys at work say it's Amazon's
problem, but I don't know that I believe them. For about the past week,
I've had oodles of trouble accessing amazon's site. The page will load
just the tab bar or never load or take forever. It doesn't seem to
matter much what time of day it is or how much bandwidth we're using.
Sometimes, when I finally hit reload after staring at a blank screen for
several minutes, I see the content flash on the page. I just want to
know if everyone is having problems or just us. (We do use amazon for
ordering work items and it doesn't seem to be working for anyone on the
network, except the network guys, so they don't think it's their
problem.) Thanks so much...

Sarah A Smith
Web Development Librarian
San Joaquin Valley Library System