[Web4lib] CM software vs. library cataloging software

Carmen Barnett carmenbarnett at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 12 14:29:18 EST 2005

Hello,

I am new to this list and work for a small special library, but I was hoping to get some insight into selecting a content management system. I am wondering if anyone uses content management software for their library's website? If so, which products do you recommend? I would also like to know if anyone uses a CM system instead of having a traditional library cataloging system.

One of the biggest priorities I have in the library I am starting is getting my organization's magazine articles searchable on  our website, and it is not clear to me if a web OPAC or CM would be better. I would appreciate any info.

Thank you!
Carmen Barnett