[Web4lib] balckboard

Alma Garcia almag at mills.edu
Thu Dec 8 13:34:39 EST 2005

We are looking at implementing Blackboard to replace a home-grown system
now being used.   We also use EZproxy for authentication for out DB
access from off campus.  We have been told that "non-enterprise version
cannot use LDAP, which spells manual acct management. "   Currently on
students registered in a class are allowed access on the home-grown
system to the electronic materials for the class.

Is anyone else out there using this combination of products in the way
that we are limiting access?  Please replay offline if that is more
appropriate.

--
Alma García			Library Systems Administrator
Mills College Library		510-430-2021