[Web4lib] Re: Firewalling a Koha Web Server

Henri-Damien LAURENT henridamien at koha-fr.org
Thu Dec 1 12:24:36 EST 2005

web4lib-request at webjunction.org a écrit :

>Message: 11
>Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:59:44 +0000
>From: John Fitzgibbon <jfitzgibbon at Galwaylibrary.ie>
>Subject: [Web4lib] firewalling a Koha web server
>To: web4lib at webjunction.org
>
>Hi,
>
>I have installed Koha on a PC; so, the PC is acting as a web server to
>two other PCs/Opacs which are on the same LAN. I wish to make the
>internet available to these Opacs. How do I go about fire walling the
>Koha server? Do I use a router? Internet access will be through a DSL
>line.
>
>If I wish to make the Koha web site available on the web, what
>additional steps should I take? Is there a web site I can use to provide
>the Koha server with a Domain name or can it be only accessed by
>specifying its IP address?
>
>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

It all depends on the way your Koha site is installed.
Do you have 2 differents ports to access Koha ? Or two local machine names ?
If you have one port for OPAC, another one for Intranet, you will be
able to select which one is available on the net, which one is not.
For two local machine names, you will need two machine names declared on
a DNS.
You can use a website like GANDI or dyndns.org to deposit a domain name
and then it shall be accessed with the name you deposed.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT