[Web4lib] Blog software for IIS

Steve Lawson bevedog.web4lib at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 09:40:20 EDT 2005

At Colorado College we are using Movable Type on IIS. See
<http://library.coloradocollege.edu/blogs/>.

On the one hand, it works well day-to-day. On the other hand, it was
apparently a bear to install (or so says my main man in IT). Things
that are trivial in a Unix environment, such as sending email from MT
to users using sendmail required a lot of tinkering to get working on
IIS. And many plugins don't  to play nice, either.

So, while it is working OK for us and we don't plan to switch, I can't
really recommend it. In fact, if anyone on the list knows of a good
support group (web forum, mailing list, etc.) for MT on IIS, please
let me know!

- Steve Lawson, Humanities Librarian
  Colorado College, Colorado Springs
  slawson at coloradocollege.edu