[Web4lib] Best way to search a pdf

Ian Chan afitc at uaa.alaska.edu
Thu Aug 11 16:46:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

We recently bought a copy of SiteXpert and it includes a site search
generator.  http://www.xtreeme.com/search-engine-studio/website-search.php
provides more information.  It indexes the full-text of PDF documents.  The
program allows automation of output.  Our setup uses the Windows task
scheduler on a local machine to save the flat files directly to the web
server on a daily basis.  You can test it on our site by searching for
"Articles on your topic" from this page:
http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/site5/site/index/

I've heard good things about http://swish-e.org/.  It will also index PDF
documents.

Regards,