[Web4lib] RSS

rikhei.9045748 at bloglines.com rikhei.9045748 at bloglines.com
Wed Aug 10 11:25:38 EDT 2005

I'm jumping in a bit late here, but I didn't see anyone else mention that
another neat thing you can do with RSS is let patrons know when their incoming
holds have come in, if their items are due soon, or if they have anything
that's overdue.

Unfortunately I only know of one major OPAC vendor that's
integrated these features thus far, and that's Innovative Interfaces (the
Ann Arbor District Library is an example, I think).

For the rest of us,
there's http://libraryelf.com. I'm very happy with it so far, as my library
doesn't provide any of the above. For those of you like Mike, you can also
sign up to get e-mail notifications!

~Rikhei Harris