[Web4lib] Customizable web search software?

Melissa Martinez mamarti1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:24:00 EDT 2005

Hi,
I work in a theological library where we would like to be able to provide
our users with a way to search some of the best online websites in this
field all at the same time.  The idea is for something similar to the way
that Google's advanced search allows you to search within a domain, but we
would want to search within several domains (even if all the program did was
tell Google to search term x on domain y then term x on domain z and then
compiled the results, that would be sufficient).  Does anyone know of a
program that does this?  Or, if there is an online web search that could be
customized this way and the settings saved with a password, that would be a
good start. Thanks in advance.