[Web4lib] RSS

Mike Beccaria mike.beccaria at pictometry.com
Mon Aug 8 13:10:10 EDT 2005

Meredith Farkas (who runs the blog "Information wants to be Free" at http://meredith.wolfwater.com/wordpress/ and the library success wiki at http://www.libsuccess.org) has a great tutorial on these new technologies (blogs, wikis, RSS) at her personal site http://meredith.wolfwater.com/portfolio.html. Look for the link entitled "New Technologies and Their Applications for Information Literacy Instruction."

Also, NEASIST did had a conferance recently about technology and libraries and they put the presentations online (audio and slides in PDF format). RSS was a big part of the discussion in some of these talks. You should check it out here: http://www.metametadata.net/neasist/archives/cat_presentations.html. These presentations are TOP NOTCH! I would strongly suggest that you check them out if you have time.

While not a direct answer, I hope these resources can get you started. Best of luck!

Regards,
Mike Beccaria