Can an element have two class attributes?

John Fitzgibbon jfitzgibbon at Galwaylibrary.ie
Tue Apr 19 07:20:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am writing to enquire if an element can have two class attributes. I'm
using JavaScript to hide or display an element based on two
contingencies. Is the following allowed?

displayed</div>

Or should I use the next approach?

displayed</div></div>

I know an element is allowed only one id attribute but do not know what
the position is with regards to class. I have never seen an element with
two class attributes.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

John Fitzgibbon

Galway Public Library
Island House
Cathedral Square
Galway
Ireland

p: 00 353 91 562471
f: 00 353 91 565039
w: http://www.galwaylibrary.ie

Tá eolas atá príobháideach agus rúnda sa ríomhphost seo
agus aon iatán a ghabhann leis agus is leis an duine/na daoine
sin amháin a bhfuil siad seolta chucu a bhaineann siad.
Mura seolaí thú, níl tú údaraithe an ríomhphost nó aon iatán
a ghabhann leis a léamh, a chóipáil ná a úsáid.
Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad,
cuir an seoltóir ar an eolas thrí aischur ríomhphoist
agus scrios ansin é le do thoil.

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is
private and confidential and is intended for the addressee
only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised
to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.