[WEB4LIB] Re: library websites and folksonomies

William Denton buff at pobox.com
Tue Apr 5 00:46:42 EDT 2005

On 4 April 2005, Ross Singer wrote:

: I figure that by allowing users to save certain items and searches with
: their own taxonomies, they will also be (inadverdently) opening up the
: catalog to other discovery methods.  Win win, really.

That's pretty wild.  I'd love to be able to tag items in my faculty's
library with keywords, and then not only come back to them months and
years later, but share them with others, and see what my friends (or
anyone, even if anonymity meant I didn't know who) have been tagging with
what.  I'd spend hours and hours browsing that.  Tie it in with a ratings
system and I'd spend hours and hours more.

Bill