Link to Wireless Laptop Survey Results

laplend laplend at monmouth.edu
Fri Apr 29 19:14:54 EDT 2005

With apologies for the delays in posting this AND for any
cross-postings, here are the results of the surveys I conducted in
March. Members of this and other lists were asked to participate in one
of 3 concurrent surveys. 228 of you graciously obliged. And I sincerely
appreciate the effort of all who took the time to add comments or ask
for the results.

The link is:
http://bluehawk.monmouth.edu/~hholden/WLL/WLibLAN_TitlePage_.html
<http://bluehawk.monmouth.edu/%7Ehholden/WLL/WLibLAN_TitlePage_.html>

[PLEASE NOTE: The spaces are actually underscoring.]

A Note on Format: These web pages were prepared specifically for the
presentation that I gave at the latest New Jersey Library Association
annual conference (April 11-13th). You will find all the data the
surveys yielded but you will not find analysis here. (That was the live
narration.) The data created by these surveys (especially Survey A) was
not a tsunami to be sure, but I found it enlightening and - sometimes -
entertaining. You may too.

Disclaimers / Caveats / Bewares:

1. The web site is incomplete. Yes, the survey data is ALL there, but
not all of it is in readily analyzable form. I'm working on that. As all
research done by organic life forms, this study is subject to errors. In
other words: Use the data at your own risk.

2. The content of this gaggle of web pages, like both the best and worst
of its cyber-ilk, is copyrighted. I feel like a publisher's thug saying
so, but must because I have squeezed a publishable article out of it
('Library Hi Tech,' later this year) and have a second in the works. So,
if you use any significant bit of it in any creation of your own, please
acknowledge the source.

3. Should you make an original observation, trenchant inference, or
funny deduction from what you see, I'd really like to hear it. And, in
the event I use said idea in my writing, I will certainly give full
credit to the creator. In fact, if said same idea tips the scales at
BRILLIANT, I'll ask first (in case it's copyrighted!).

Laplend / Hugh Holden
laplend at monmouth.edu   /   hholden at monmouth.edu