More on Google digitization and Europe

Nina McHale nlm25 at georgetown.edu
Thu Apr 28 12:27:08 EDT 2005

A little humor: I forwarded the Deutsche Welle link to my colleagues,
and one (who, he admitted, has begun reading the novelization of Episode
III: Revenge of the Clones a little early) had the following to offer
(forwarded with his permission):

"The library wars, begun they have."
Yoda, Master Librarian

"Leave them to me, I will deal with them myself"
Darth Vader, Google Librarian

"Hokey consortia and ancient books are no match for a good search engine."
Han Solo, Chief Google Tactical Officer

"Any attack made by the Europeans against Google would be a useless
gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. Google is now
the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it."
Admiral Motti, Google PR Head

--
Nina McHale
Reference Librarian/Web Services Coordinator
nlm25 at georgetown.edu
202-687-6818