[WEB4LIB] how to get it all done

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 21 16:29:59 EDT 2005

It definitely sounds like you are looking for a content management
solution rather than getting into the nitty-gritty of database
development.  Given that your Web site is already hosted for you, you
might want to look at some of the hosted content management systems that
are available.  You could start with the list at
<http://www.cmswatch.com/ContentManagement/Products/>.

I would also emphasize that the biggest factor in content management is
not the software but planning how best to use that software.  A good place
to start is the book form Glashaus "Content Mnagement Systems" in their
"Tools of the Trade" series.

Chris

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up
in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." -Robert
Frost