[WEB4LIB] Re: ?sound domes

Jean Armour Polly mom at netmom.com
Tue Sep 28 17:46:09 EDT 2004

Hi- about  a year and a half ago we did get the dealer to bring two
competing systems to our library. One was the freestanding cone of
silence product. We had them each for about a week. While they worked
well on a noisy trade show floor, we were not happy with them in the
comparative quiet of the library. The sound bled out too much for our
particular need. You could hear perfectly right underneath the
parabolic speaker, and you could also hear pretty well 10 feet and
more away. :-( It is possible that if they could have been mounted
much higher in the ceiling, the sound could have been more narrowly
focused. My advice is try one before you spec 'em!