[WEB4LIB] IE problem- Wales on the Web

Brandon Dennis bdennis at shreve-lib.org
Tue Sep 14 12:43:43 EDT 2004

Aled -

Your site looks nice!  :)   But you may need to go through your template
line-by-line to track down a couple of minor issues.

I think the primary problem is the nesting of some of your code.  You
have tables nested in DIVs, and more DIVs nested in tables for much of
your display.  The number of <DIV> tags don't match up to the number of
</DIV> tags (although I didn't have time to track down exactly where
that problem comes from).

You also have at least one DIV class (<div class="content">) that does
not exist in your CSS.  The combination of using width="100%" along with
pixel borders and padding may be causing some offset problems (or
overflow).

You may also want to consider using the doctype for XHTML 1.0
Transitional instead of Strict.

It's probably not a large problem, but my best suggestion would be to
make a temp page and strip all the content out of it and just walk
line-by-line through the tags and make sure they're properly nested,
referenced correctly in the CSS, and the math adds up (borders, pixels,
padding, etc.)

Best of luck!
Brandon