[WEB4LIB] Free and/or OA journals in librarianship

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Sep 23 15:31:06 EDT 2004

george at library.caltech.edu wrote:

>Today's launch of Biomedical Digital Libraries [see note on Open Access
>News <http://tinyurl.com/4wqxe>], hosted by BioMed Central
><http://biomedcentral.com>, got me to thinking about the tools of the
>librarian trade.  Here are the complete fulltext journals, either free
>or Open Access, which come to my mind.  I'm sure I'll miss a few, which
>is why I'm casting a pretty wide net.

Just within the last hour, I fielded a question that boiled down to: are
any open access journals distributing their metadata via the OAI
protocol for metadata harvesting.  I am not aware of that
happening--does anyone know of movements in that direction?  DOAJ has a
list of OA journals available via OAI-PMH, but I'm interested in
harvesting article-level metadata.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu