Virtual reference: a critical bibliography

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:08:28 EDT 2004

Some recent discussions about an anti-VR article on another discussion
list got me thinking that maybe it might be worthwhile to put together a
bibliography of items that critique virtual reference to one degree or
another - something to counterbalance the hype that we see in a lot of
the VR literature:

http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/~b-sloan/critbib.htm

Some articles cited in the bibliography critique specific aspects of
virtual reference, while others criticize virtual reference more or less
in the whole. These resources are offered up as food for thought.

Right now it's a very short list, so please feel free to contact me with
suggested additions.

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant, ILCSO
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454