Digital Reference Services Bibliography Updated

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Mon Sep 20 18:01:25 EDT 2004

This past weekend I finished a long-overdue update of my Digital
Reference Services Bibliography:

http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/~b-sloan/digiref.html

There are now more than 700 items listed in this bibliography, related
to the topic of online or virtual or digital reference services, i.e.,
the provision of reference services, involving collaboration between
library user and librarian, in a computer-based medium. These services
can utilize various media, including e-mail, Web forms, chat, video, Web
customer call center software, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), etc.

Approximately 40% of the items listed in this bibliography are available
via the Web. Links have been provided to direct you to those resources.

Feel free to contact me with questions or comments.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant, ILCSO
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
Champaign, IL  61820

Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454