Jobs: Librarian and Technology Consultant (Kenyon College)

Christopher Barth barth at kenyon.edu
Wed Sep 15 17:34:50 EDT 2004

KENYON COLLEGE
Librarian and Technology Consultant

Kenyon College seeks information professionals to support both the library
and computing needs of faculty and students through collection development,
instruction in library and technology use, and promotion and support of
innovative applications of information literacy, web, and digital multimedia
across the campus.  Candidates with an information and/or library science
masters degree are welcomed, and we also welcome and will consider otherwise
qualified candidates with interesting alternative credentials.

At this time we are particularly interested in strengthening our support for
the academic disciplines of Political Science, Economics, Philosophy, and
various interdisciplinary programs.  We also seek to strengthen our
management of and expertise in campus-wide multimedia/audiovisual
applications and equipment, and our capability in web development,
programming, and management. Candidates with interests and capabilities in
these areas are especially welcomed.

Library and Information Services, an integrated information services
division, meets the library, technology, and communications needs of the
faculty, students, and administration of the College.  We need people who
are creative, energetic, interested and quick learners, and ambitious to
play important and formative roles in an evolving, innovative, team-oriented
organization.

The starting salary will depend on qualifications and is negotiable; it will
not be less than $36,000.  We welcome candidates with different backgrounds,
experiences and skills, and with different levels of experience.

Kenyon College is a highly selective, highly rated, national liberal arts
college.  Kenyon is the oldest private college in Ohio, and is particularly
known for a literary tradition that includes the Kenyon Review.

For a more detailed job description and instructions on how to apply, plus
additional information about Kenyon College, please see

    http://www.kenyon.edu/access

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.  Applications received by October 8, 2004, will be
guaranteed full consideration.

    EOE

--
Christopher D. Barth '93