[WEB4LIB] Moveable Type for Libraries

Chan, Ian iachan at sccd.ctc.edu
Sat Oct 30 14:09:41 EDT 2004

At the bottom of this page may be the information you need:
http://moveabletype.org/get_movable_type_education.shtml

Have you considered using WordPress?  http://wordpress.org/
Wordpress is still free.  WordPress is all PHP so you avoid the
'rebuild' process that comes with using Moveabletype.

Here are some thoughts on MT and WordPress:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/05/14/freedom-0

You can still use the older versions of Moveabletype [up to 2.661] for
free.
If you are behind an Intranet with an authenticated user group, there
might not be a need to upgrade to MT 3.0+.
My understanding of advantages of MT 3.0+ is that it offers more options
to limit and filter comments.

"Users of Movable Type version 2.661 may find little reason to upgrade
to version 3.0 -- even the folks at Six Apart acknowledge this. Version
2.661 is an exceptionally stable and robust program, and key plugins fix
many of the problems that were serious issues earlier this year. The old
licensing agreements for version 2.661 also hold, and Six Apart is not
requiring that all users upgrade to version 3.0."
Taken from this page:
http://www.bowjamesbow.net/2004/05/16-movable_ty.shtml

Regards,

Ian Chan