[WEB4LIB] RE: Blogging Conferences

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Oct 8 16:26:47 EDT 2004

> > * If you are a blogger, what do you need at a conference site to
> facilitate your
> > blogging at a session or after?
>
> For blogging at a session - wireless access of some sort.

A "blogging" credential might be nice--something not quite a press pass, but
enough to at least help bloggers identify one another.

Also, there comes a time when even 8-hour batteries need rejuicing (which
Word tried to correct to "rejoicing"). Conference centers that let laptop
users charge up while attending sessions, etc. are really a plus.

You might also ask if you are linking to just "approved" blogs, any ol'
bloggers, both, mingled, or "whatever." I bring this up because I can see
some associations hesitating over linking to the feeds of just any blog
(even though that is what I would find most interesting). Just speaking as a
weary ol' ALA type, I smell some turf issues here. :-)

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com