[WEB4LIB] RE: straw poll

Gillian Wiseman gwiseman at ci.waco.tx.us
Mon Nov 22 13:50:33 EST 2004

I'm in the same boat. The only time I have "off" the reference desk is when
I am teaching public computer classes. That is a sizeable amount of time,
nearly 3 hours each day, 4 days a week, but it is all spent either teaching
or traveling. I am currently writing two new courses to begin teaching in
January, while signing patrons up for the internet and in between working on
collection development policy for graphic novels.

My techie jobs include maintaining the databases, being the city IT
department liason, and being the city Webmaster liason. I don't get to do
much hands-on, but I also help staff with any computer software issues (like
when they "lose" their toolbars, etc...).

Gillian Wiseman
Electronic Resources Librarian