Software to Access RSS feeds in e-journal database

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Nov 4 13:11:47 EST 2004

>  I am interested in feeds that allow the RSS to be put directly into a
> webpage not via a blog or website used exclusively as an RSS reader.
> What is available for doing that?

How much work do you want to do?  I've used Magpie to grab (and cache) RSS
feeds for use in our Ejournal listings.  It's a PHP based RSS parser that
places the RSS data into associative arrays for use in your applications/web
pages.  Pretty slick.

Or were you thinking more along the lines of a simple JavaScript that you
feed an RSS URL and it does all the work for you?  I can't think of any off
the top of my head, but I know there are lots.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan