Mozilla RDF / Z39.50 Integration Project

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 11 12:18:35 EST 2004

I ran across this while trying out Microsoft's new search service
(http://beta.search.msn.com/):

http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/doc/z3950.html

Does anybody know anything about this project?  It has the potential for
being massively cool (I mean, if you find Z39.50 even remotely cool) or
a completely worthless extremely niche product that has little value to
anybody.

What is the status of this thing?  What is the expectation of it?  I
realize there are "Aims" on this page, but what would be a real-world
application of this?  What are some potential "killer apps"?

-Ross.