[WEB4LIB] RE: Google Scholar, Firefox, and OpenURLs

Binkley, Peter Peter.Binkley at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 30 16:06:43 EST 2004

 I made it up. As far as I know there is no authority control on sids, or
even a registry of them: each vendor does what they want. The sid is used
for two things in our system (SFX): as the basis of grouping in reports, and
to trigger certain functions in the menu (e.g. you can tell SFX to include a
note indicating the range of coverage for a given journal in a given target
if the link has a certain sid, but not for other sids). Giving it a
distinctive sid makes it possible to take advantage of both these
possibilities, but I haven't really thought about what I'd like to do with
it.

The first place to look to diagnose your problems is the changes you made to
the javascript variables (a syntax error will cause the script to crash and
you won't see any buttons). It would also be worth looking at the path in
the jar file, to make sure that when you reinserted the file it ended up
with the correct path, so that Firefox can find it.

Peter