[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Scholar

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Nov 24 13:36:05 EST 2004

> Google also indexes the metadata found in DSpace repositories.
> I think that we need to lobby Google to ensure that the content of
> eScholarship and other IRs is included in the Google Scholar service.
>
> Kathleen

Another approach might be to ask, holistically (without forming a Task Force
and having Many Meetings), just what we want Google Scholar to index and
make available, and talk to them about it. For Google to be naïve about the
breadth of scholarly information wouldn't surprise me one bit; it's not
their métier. They might actually be pleased to find some info-pots they did
not know to hoover up (information they might not get from vendors, eh wot).

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com