[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Scholar

S.J.Newman at brighton.ac.uk S.J.Newman at brighton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 11:38:55 EST 2004

I mailed the Google Scholar team with a similar question.

Specifically I asked if they are harvesting metadata from OAI-PMH compliant
repositories. My understanding is that Google's crawlers are unaware of the
OAI-PMH and that exposing the content of an IR involves converting the
content to a format which Google is able to consume.

They've acknowledged my email but haven't yet given me the information I
requested!

Steve Newman
Networked Information Services Manager
University of Brighton, UK