[WEB4LIB] Re: Google Scholar

Jennifer Heise jahb at lehigh.edu
Wed Nov 24 10:24:55 EST 2004

Kathleen Shearer wrote:

> Contrary to what has been reported in some of the articles about Google Scholar, I don't think the content in institutional repositories is being made available through the service (even though some IR content *is* accessible through the regular Google). On the other hand, content from several disciplinary archives (eg. arXiv) has been included.

Ok, I know I'm a little slow on the uptake, but what do we mean by
'institutional respositories' in this context?

/   Jennifer Heise, Helpdesk/Librarian, Email: jahb at lehigh.edu
\ \ Lehigh Library & Technology Services, Phone: (610) 758-3072
   / Fairchild-Martindale Library, 8A Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015

"Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard