[WEB4LIB] Google Scholar

Paul R. Pival ppival at ucalgary.ca
Tue Nov 23 14:40:34 EST 2004

I'm not well-versed on DOI, but I do know what EZProxy can do for us,
and I jotted down some ideas about how EZProxy and Schoogle can work
together at
How to make Google Scholar work for the distance students -
http://distlib.blogs.com/distlib/2004/11/how_to_make_goo.html

In a nutshell, if you introduce Schoogle to EZProxy (and surely this
should work for other authentication systems), Schoogle can show your
off campus students the same content that your on-campus students get.
The next step, also addressed in that link above, is how to get this
info in the face of the student/scholar who just visits the Schoogle
homepage.  :-)

Paul R. Pival
Distance Education Librarian
213E MLT